Announcing the Australian Government ICT Graduate Program
On 8 December 2011, the Australian Government announced a pilot whole-of-government ICT graduate program, commencing in 2013.
The Australian Government ICT Graduate Program is a specialised program designed to recruit ICT graduates into the Australian Public Service (APS). The Program will assist agencies to fill ICT graduate positions in a competitive Australian graduate industry. The Program expands on the Australian Government ICT Entry-level Programs currently offered by AGIMO.
The recruitment of ICT graduates through the Program will assist agencies to meet their business and operational needs to build ICT capability and develop future leaders within their agency and the APS community.
The Program consists of a one-year graduate development program, including training opportunities to help participants transition into and understand the broader APS work environment. The Program is a collaboration between AGIMO, the Australian Public Service Commission (APSC) and the Australian Computer Society (ACS). Key features of the Program include:
- a customised APSC Graduate Development Program;
- comprehensive training, including a Diploma of Government with an ICT focus;
- membership with the ACS, ACS Masterclass seminars and ACS networking events;
- ICT Entry Level Program networking events and graduation ceremony; and
- ongoing employment with a competitive starting salary.
For more information on the Whole-of-Government ICT Entry-level Programs supported by the Department of Finance and Deregulation please see www.australia.gov.au/ictentrylevel.