Six additional companies appointed to the Telecommunications Management Panel
The Telecommunications Management Panel established on 14 June 2011 has expanded further with the following six new additions:
- Alcatel-Lucent Australia Ltd
- Dimension Data Australia Pty Ltd
- Electroboard Solutions Pty Ltd
- Housley Consulting Pty Ltd
- Rob Dobson and Associates Pty Ltd
- Stratatel Ltd
There are now 22 companies on the panel which can help agencies to:
- Design new telecommunications solutions;
- Manage mobile phone fleets;
- Manage telecommunication services contracts;
- Improve billing and inventory management;
- Procure telecommunications help desk support; and
- Source specialist telecommunication management advice to complement internal resources.
A small number of companies may be added to the panel in the near future, as negotiations and contractual arrangements are finalised.
As we’ve noted in previous posts, this whole of government panel is mandatory for Financial Management and Accountability Act 1997 (FMA) agencies, and optional for agencies under the Commonwealth Authority and Companies Act 1997 (CAC). State government agencies can use this panel.
The Telecommunications Management Panel has an initial term of three years. The initial term may be extended by the Department of Finance and Deregulation for a further two; twelve-month periods.The panel for the provision of telecommunications management was described in the Request for Tender (RFT) issued by AGIMO in August 2010.
For further information on the Telecommunications Management panel please refer to the factsheet (PDF) on the Department of Finance and Deregulation website .